Golden Rock & Yangon 4 Days/ 3 Nights -
Experience the INSIGHT with Myanmar Shalom Tours!
The Golden Rock & Yangon – 4 Days/3 Nights trip
Yangon – Golden Rock – Bago
- Visit Shwedagon Pagoda, one of the world’s most spectacular religious monuments
- Explore impressive colonial and spiritual heritage of Yangon
- Drive through countryside to Golden Rock, a pagoda perched on a huge
- Visiting ancient Mon capital – Shwe Tha Lyaung Pagoda, reclining Buddha, which is among one of the country’s most impressive image statue
- Enjoy the dinner with Burmese Traditional Dance Show at Royal Barge
On arrival you will be welcomed by Myanmar Shalom tour guide and transferred to your hotel for check-in. Drive through downtown to explore the city centre and its fabulous mix of architecture and sites. The streets are filled with historical buildings many of which have a faded colonial charm not seen elsewhere in Asia. You’ll start at the post office – a lovely historic building- and to Sule Paya in the middle of downtown, passing by Strand Hotel, Mahabandoola Garden and Independence Monument along the way. Then visit Little India and Chinatown – stop to greet the vendors and let them introduce you to their wares – some familiar, some exotic. Photo stop at the Karaweik Hall royal floating barge.Nothing will prepare you for Shwedagon Pagoda, with its glittering gold stupa. At the pagoda observe local pilgrims and monks offering their devotions and enjoy the amazing sunset view at Shwedagon pagoda.
Day 2: Yangon – Golden Rock
Leaving Yangon in the morning, enjoy a scenic journey by road to Golden Rock (Drive via Bago: 194 km – 5 hours). Late morning, arrive at Golden Rock base camp and transfer to transit junction with one of the small open trucks in a one hour ride. The ‘upper area’ must be traveled by foot, at present, and the walk is approximately 4 km (1 hour). Once at the pagoda, you can enjoy a spectacular view, which is particularly beautiful at sunrise or sunset. The whole site has a magical feeling. Overnight in Goldenrock.
Day 3: Golden Rock – Bago – Yangon
Early sunrise time, strolling around the hill sites & return to hotel & breakfast there. Then go back to base camp from the hill. Arrive base camp, continuous drive to Bago, then proceeded to Shwemawdaw Pagoda, Hninthargone Pagoda, Very huge Snake Pagoda, Seintharlyaung. Lunch at Bago, or on the way. Then proceed to Yangon on the way sightseeing at Htuk Kyaunt war cemetery (second war soldiers allied). Return to Yangon in the late afternoon and visit Chaukhtat Gyi – A huge reclining Buddha Image, and Kaba Aye Pagoda – World Peace Pagoda. Overnight in Yangon.
Day 4: Yangon
After breakfast visit Chauk Htat Kyi, a huge reclining Buddha image and the Jade Buddha temple with marble statue weighs 500 tons and the largest in the world. Visit to Scott Market, the sprawling 75-year-old Market. At the market you will find a whole variety of interesting Burmese souvenirs, from lacquer ware to gems & jewelry – bargain at the stores to fully experience the Burmese market atmosphere! Transfer to airport for international flight departure.
* The itinerary above is designed to give you a flavor of what is possible and can be tailor-made to suit your preferences.
Quotation (Valid from May – September 2016) based on 2 pax
Tour cost per person: $390 (Based on twin or double sharing room)
Based on number of people the price will vary. We can customize based on budget, interests and schedule. Please send us inquire to: email@example.com
|Yangon||Taw Win Garden or Hotel Esperado or Grand United or similar|
|Golden Rock||Mountain Top or Golden Rock or Kyaitho Hotel orsimilar|
- 3 Nights Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast
- All sightseeing tour and transfer service with air condition private car
- Open truck at Golden Rock
- English speaking through out tour guide (Chinese, Thai, French, German languages tour guides available)
- All entrance fees for places as mentioned in the itinerary
- Porter fees at the airports
- Departure gift
- Government tax & Service charges
- Visa fees
- Meals (Lunch and Dinner)
- International airport tax (10 US$ per pax )
- Personal expenses.